Last week, we called New England-Seattle Sounders. Goals galore? Check. Late-match heroics? Absolutely. Tongue-wagging? Certainly.
This week, we’re going with Montreal hosting Columbus at Saputo Stadium.
Why? So. Many. Reasons.
- The Impact (35 goals conceded, including three more on Wednesday night in Kansas City) are a sieve. Luckily, they score a lot as well (25 tallies).
- Nesta. Nesta. Nesta. Who cares if he doesn’t play? If we get excited about Lampard watching a Los Angeles Galaxy game, we gosh darn better get excited with the Italian near the pitch as well.
- Speaking of international transfers, Jairo Arrieta could gethis first time in the Black and Gold.
- Robert Warzycha, man. We don’t know how he does it, but that dude gets his crew (ha!) to play.
- Believe it or not, this game has real playoff implications. The Crew need points to keep pace with the Houston Dynamo for the last playoff spot, while the Impact need to get going if they are going to make a late-season push.